Don’t trust anyone (1)
When the BSC (Binance Smart Chain) suffers from some slowdowns, it’s sometimes advisable to change the url of its RPC network.
What’s RPC network ?
RPC or ‘Remote Procedure Call.’ RPC is a concept in computer science that enables one computer to call a procedure of another computer.
(JSON-)RPC is a data exchange protocol that allows a client (for example: a blockchain explorer) to communicate to a server (your local blockchain node) by issuing commands and listening to responses.
Some people will advise you on which RPC endpoints to use and give you non-official Binance networks urls. Use these fraudulent networks allows them to catch your transactions.
- Officials RPC nodes: https://docs.binance.org/smart-chain/developer/rpc.html
- Connecting MetaMask to Binance Smart Chain: https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/connecting-metamask-to-binance-smart-chain
- Fixing Stuck Pending Transactions on MetaMask: https://docs.pancakeswap.finance/help/unsticking-a-transaction-stuck-as-pending-with-metamask
- Blockchain Underpinnings: https://medium.com/@ConsenSys/blockchain-underpinnings-2c43ba03ecc9
- Node RPC: https://docs.binance.org/api-reference/node-rpc.html
See you next time!
The KST (Koala Security Team)
Safety first on Koala DeFi